At Pepper & chocolate, we love watches with a special affection for the mechanical ones. In 2010 Victorinox Swiss Army launched the Infantry Vintage Chrono Mechanical. This is not a high priced watch like an Omega or Zenith but will still offer a nice timepiece with noble movement at a reasonable price. This is a good choice if you want to get into the world of mechanical watches and a nice entry point into the land of luxury.
On the technical side, we are looking at a 44mm wide case that comes in a variety of finishes with a selection of leather bracelets. Of course, its heart is a Swiss made Mechanical self-winding chronograph movement which is protected by a 316L Stainless steel case and coated anti-reflective sapphire crystal.
For about $1800, you will have a timepiece that has all the characteristics of a high end watch and a design that will stand the test of time. The Infantry Vintage Chrono Mechanical is part of a wider family of Infantry products in the Victorinox “classic” line.
- Swiss-Made Mechanical self-winding chronograph movement
- Stainless steel case (316L)
- Screw-in caseback
- Crown protection
- Water resistant to 100 M (10 ATM, 330 ft)
- Scratch-resistant triple coated anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Luminescent hands and hour markers
- Date calendar
- Allows 1/4th of a second precision timing
- Central 60-second counter
- 30-minute and 12-hour counters
- Telemeter scale
Panerai Luminor base.
Watch of the week: the Botta Uno.
1983 Swatch Jelly Fish GZ010.